Mount Mercy Academy was founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1904 and proudly celebrates the achievements and contributions of more than 12,000 graduates, as it continues its educational mission to the community.
Mercy Day, September 24th, is the Feast Day for Our Lady of Mercy. It is also the anniversary of the establishment and opening of the first house of Mercy in Dublin, Ireland in 1827. On this day, we gather as a community to honor Mother Catherine McAuley and Our Lady of Mercy.
The Mount Mercy Signature Ring
The Mercy Ring, a rite of passage and responsibility, was first worn in 1916. The ring is a reminder of the virtues held dear by Mercy students and Alumnae. The gold band represents loyalty to God, country and school. The seven pearls represent faith, hope, charity, obedience, humility, patience and joy.
- Mount Mercy Academy is sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy.
- Mount Mercy Academy has been educating young women for over 110 years.
- Mount Mercy offers over 30 extracurricular clubs and activities to MMA students.
- Mercy students represent their school on 16 different sports teams.
- Mount Mercy Academy offers 11 different Advanced Placement courses.
- 65% of Mercy seniors were enrolled in Advanced Placement or college courses last year.
- Mount Mercy Academy has entered into concurrent enrollment and articulation agreements with area colleges.
- Mercy students gave over 10,000 hours of service to the community in 2014.
- Mount Mercy offers an accelerated Integrated Algebra program to 8th grade students.
- Mercy students come from 16 different schools districts throughout Western N.Y.
- Mercy's graduation requirements exceed the standards set by New York State.
- Mount Mercy is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and is a member of both the Mercy Secondary Education Association and the Network for Mercy Education.